Friday, November 15, 2013

It's That Time of Year.... To Exfoliate Those Lips!

If you're like me, the cold turns my skin, lips, hair {you name it} DRY as all get out! My lips bother me in particular because every time I go to put on lipstick, I look like I've been snow skiing for a week in Jackson Hole! So, instead of spending anywhere from $15-$30 on a scrub exfoliant, I am making my own! I am due to have a baby any day now, and I received a baby gift I am stealing from my child {I will replace it, have no fear}! You know those baby toothbrushes?? The little plastic ones with tiny bristles as the end??? Well, that's your beauty tool/applicator for this {genius, I know}! You can get them pretty much anywhere for about $2.
Now, for the exfoliator! This all natural recipe smells/tastes amazing and works like a charm! And most of these ingredients you'll already have in your pantry! {so like, free!}

You'll need:

✓ 2 tbsp brown sugar
✓ 1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp coconut oil (olive oil works too)
✓ small, cleaned out lip balm pot or tupperware cup
✓ baby toothbrush (or any toothbrush would probably work)
➶ ➳ ➴
Pour ingredients into a small bowl or pot and mix thoroughly until it's nice and gooey :) Dip your little baby toothbrush into the mixture and get to scrubbing! Scrub gently in a circular motion for a few seconds, taking the brush all the way out to the creases of your lips, above and below your lip line. Once you've completely covered your lips and they are nice and sugary, rinse and be blown away! Your lips will be uber soft and supple! Complete routine with a nutrient-rich lip balm or chapstick {or you can just use some of that coconut oil you just used for the scrub!} and let them sit for a minute soaking up all the nutrients. Then apply your favorite lipstick and enjoy that perfect pout!


No comments:

Post a Comment