Sunday, July 21, 2013


So on Saturday morning, I made Joyful Abode's: Grain-Free Cinnamon Bun Muffins. Boy, were they good! I made a couple of changes, as I didn't have any almond flour or yogurt {I substituted Tapioca flour for the almond flour, and no sugar added Applesauce for the yogurt}. My husband LOVED them! They were so good! Here is the ingredients and how to make them. You will enjoy for sure!
Grain-Free Cinnamon Bun Muffins
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 2 Tbsp coconut flour
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
  • 3 Tbsp honey
  • 3 room temperature eggs (If they are cold, they’ll solidify the coconut oil and make it hard to mix together)
  • 2 Tbsp plain full-fat yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
Topping ingredient
  • 2 Tbsp xylitol
  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon
Icing ingredients
  • 3 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 Tbsp Truvia (I ran out of xylitol, but I probably would’ve used that if I hadn’t.)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Combine dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) in a bowl.
  3. Whisk together the coconut oil, honey, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
  4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
  5. Scoop the batter into muffin papers. I used my cookie scoop for this and it was almost the perfect amount for 9 muffins. I just had a bit of batter left and divided it among them at the end.
  6. Mix the topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle a bit over each muffin.
  7. Bake 14 minutes, and let cool.
  8. While the muffins are baking, mix the frosting ingredients together well.
  9. When the muffins are cool, spread the frosting on them and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment