Monday, June 17, 2013

Gonnnne and done it!

Well, I've gone and done it... let's see how long I can keep up! Now that my husband is around more often, {thank GOD second year of med school is over!} I have more enthusiasm towards cooking/pre-planning our meals {and apparently blogging}! So I have pre-planned our whole week in advance and he even went to the store! Tonight we had Skinny Spinach Chicken Pasta! It was delish! I got the recipe from fellow blogger: Rumbly in my Tumbly. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/2 lb whole wheat spaghetti noodles, cooked to al dente
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups of fresh, chopped spinach
2 teaspoons olive oil
5 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
1 cup 1% milk (or 2%, whatever you have in your fridge, but non-fat might be going to far)
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup shaved or shredded parmesan cheese
2 chicken bouillion cubes
salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Directions:
Pound out your chicken breasts thin, and season both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat, and cook until the juices run clear.

In another pan, heat a teaspoon of olive oil and garlic over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until garlic is soft and fragrant.  Add milk, chicken broth, parmesan, bouillion cubes, and black pepper to taste.  Cook until sauce begins to thicken (about 10 minutes)  Add cooked pasta and fresh spinach to the sauce and cook for 5 more minutes.


*I added cherry tomatoes as well. 


Mix in chicken and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment